Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Average

About a month ago I wrote a passage in my journal that was so real it hurt me and hurts me just to think about the truth in this statement. I am not special. I am average. I make average grades, do normal things, nothing about me draws you in, except the pure fact that I'm in your way. I'm competing with all other average people for the best job to make the most money purly instinctive survival. Only our survival is different if you go to college looking for something other that drugs and drinking than you and I are competing. The sad thing is that we are all average you might get better grades but I might be more determined I might be willing to go the extra mile and who knows who'll win. This idea that I am better than you is always false always will be false because no one cares about better all anyone knows is best. If your best than you don't have to argue about better.

No comments: